Roman Information ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roman Information ??

Post  Jonathan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'm doing a project about the Romans in Jersey i got a bit of information and a couple of dates but if anyone knows any information about the Romans in please reply to this post. Also if you found any Roman finds with dates such as coins or Pot which has been dated please could you forward the dates to me. Any Roman dates which have been confirmed would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Re: Roman Information ??

Post  ken on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:47 am

I found a denarius of Julia Domna Augusta,(who I belive was the Emporer's mother) which dated firmly to the year 207. not in too bad condition, also various roman bronze coins from about year 100 to 250 probably emporer Trajen but not in good enough condition. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Okay thanks Ken, nice finds Smile

The historians say that there is very little trace of the Romans but they are wrong. The pinnacle has a gallo-roman structure which it most likely a military building, they found a shrine, and they think that it was some kind of outpost or beacon, as it's directly in-line with the Roman Settlement in Alderney or something like that, there are also some Bronze age military defences on The Pinnacle as well.

Regards,

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top