Another bronze Hoard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another bronze Hoard

Post  ken on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 pm

watch the news this week, guess what I found!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bronze Hoard

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 pm

ken wrote:watch the news this week, guess what I found!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I knew you would get lucky with the amount of time youve spent looking,
well done that man. Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am

We hope to get it out of the ground today, probably this afternoon, knackered I as spent the night watching over it Sleep Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony C on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Nice one Ken, guess all that time detecting has paid off with the 'big one', one question- is your find as big as the last one or smaller, can send via a private message if you wish.

best regards

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 am

Just a pot with a half dozen axe heads(so far maybe a few more under the soil in the pot nothing as good as Reg and Richards hoard but 1000 years older they are more interested in the pot than the axe heads.
also they hadnt invented coins at that time so the axe heads were the treasure of 3000 years ago, they were still using flint axes and arrow heads for normal daily use that was the era, amazing Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony C on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Ken

Saw it all on the news, nice find esp with the pot still intact, just shows that items are still there to be found.

The only trouble is you've put pressure on the rest of us - if we want a 'hat trick' of finds for this year we only have less than 12 weeks in which to do it! (lol).

but seriously that was a fantastic find, will be interesting to see what is discovered inside your pot.

Best regards

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:09 pm

The pot is to be xrayed on thursday so we should find out if there is anything else in there Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 am

Well another wasted morning, the xray didnt get any usable result confused so they are going to try again with the airport bag scanner, if airport security is allowed to do it Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

It's all down to the wave-length...

Post  i-dig on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:22 pm

When I heard the bronze pot and it's contents was to be X-Rayed, I did not think a result would be found Ken...

The wave-length of X-Rays are not high enough, they just bounce off the pot; you might have more luck with the
airport tera-herts baggage system but, would be surprised if it can penetrate to any depth ? study

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm

WHAT THEY DO NOT SEEM TO REALISE IS THAT IF YOU ARE USING THE AXE HEAD TO SMASH IN SOMEONES SCULL, IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY ARE HALF LEAD, IN FACT i EXPECT THE EXTRA WEIGHT HELPS

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Cool 25 axe heads total, about four differant types of decoration and length etc, cyclops also one has been used before being put in the hoard. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top