A military field

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A military field

Post  ken on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Aother good new field, (the other one is now seeded Sad )about 30 british general issue great coat buttons one solid silver officers button, a hat badge and pieces of another and about 6 bits and complete regiment shoulder names, these the Devon 'shire' regiment and another I am yet to work out, also lapel blazons and fusiliers hat badge, but also a canada button and Royal Artilitary buttons from the first world war I think. Very Happy
an interesting piece of the field has produced a largish bronze pot leg, and two pieces of bronze age sword so far........ within a 10 metre diameter so I might have to suck up to Reg thursday to borrow his deep machine, I will try to post some pics later Razz
No celtic or Roman coins, barely any liards or georgian either rather odd this field Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Re: A military field

Post  ken on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 pm

I recovered another 2 pieces of bronze sword this weekend Cool so now four in total, and a large bronze pot leg.
Also pleased to find a russian ruble coin from the early 1800 rds I think and a Swedish? Skilling coin. Very Happy loads more military stuff but nothing else special as yet Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  davey on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:54 pm

I still think there could be a hoard there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:06 am

I hope there is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content