Introduction and early career finds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction and early career finds

Post  Clanglois on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi All,

I've recently picked the hobby back up with my son, just carrying on the cyclic fashion as i remember chasing round fields in France with my mother and Reg when i was a small one !!

Really great picking up information from the forum, received my detector a couple of weeks ago and been on the beach for a scoot around.

I have recently picked up two large fields in Grouville and am struggling to complete them! Seemed to forget how long it takes to sweep a field.

Completed about a fifth of one of the fields and had fun digging stuff up with my lad.

Found an old brass whistle (cut in half), lovely, a liard, an 8 double , a 1920 six pence and a weird bronze looking artifact. It's a Spade shape of a playing card with a small ring attached in the face of the metal, haven't got a clue.. was hoping to pop in tonight to check it out..

oh picked up a coin today, silver or tin with a faint bust on one side, farthing size?

Picked up a piece of burnt coal on the detector today, didn't know charcoal registers.

Hopefully i'll get to pop in and catch up with you guys, these two fields are probably going to take me 40 hours to complete at my pace!!

Anyway, good luck to all, hope to catch up soon,

Any advice on the weird finds would be great! I say weird it's just my ignorance!

KR,
Chris L

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction and early career finds

Post  ken on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 pm

welcome, Very Happy yes coke can be a problem with some detectors, the XP range seem to find a lot of it whilst my Explorer's like 'hot rocks', a good meeting tonight , very informal as ever just a good get together, Reg came along to tell us more about the hoard, very interesting and good luck to him and Richard and the landowner with all the legal shenanigans to come Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:54 pm

ps need some photos of the finds if poss. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Clanglois on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Ken,

These are the finds from the field, love a pop quiz!!

Starter for 1, no conferring

Weird decorative piece -

Sixpence and silver/tin coin -

Whistle -

Liard -

Readers digest token -

Double -

Probably not the forum to share, but i couldn't make yesterday and I'm in Italy for the next meeting..

Many thanks in advance, 5 extra points for guessing the field !!

KR,
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top